Sunday, February 27, 2011

Sunday

I volunteered at my church's nursery with a friend. Without her desire of wanting to serve, it would probably have taken me a while before I brought myself to do it... with all of the deadlines and school work I have to complete. But it was a wonderful first experience to serve and be so trusted with the children. At first, I felt a little awkward, I had to adjust to the crazy, bouncing, crying, laughing, eating, sliding in the room. I kept an eye out for the young girl who is too shy to move. I was that girl once. I took her by the hand and talked to her for a little bit, asking her for her name, complimenting her cute shirt and then, I took her by the hand. There were other girls that looked about her age or a little younger, and I wanted her to meet them. But she refused, nodding her head from left to right. I tried leading her by the hand, and she didn't move. And then I thought, "hey, if that was you...would you feel comfortable approaching someone you didn't know?" and i understood that with a some support and Christ's love, i could help her get adjusted to the environment. I told her that I'll be right by her side when she made this huge decision of moving a couple of steps into the room to meet some new friends. And guess what? She followed! What an amazing feeling of joy and comfort knowing that God has revealed this moment for me to cherish what he has done and will continue to do in my life. I am like this little girl. I am scarred to move, to take chances, to meet new people, and to leave the place that I am so comfortable not doing anything in. But God knows me and has plans for me, and those things are ultimately to help mold and shape me into the person that He wants me to be. He is always with me(Isaiah 41:10, "So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you;I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.")
May this promise remind me in every moment of your love for me, so that I will not remain enslaved by my sinful rebelliousness. I will trust in the LORD!

No comments:

Post a Comment