Friday, February 25, 2011

I still get angry when things don't go perfectly. When the clothes that I picked out don't fit, when a relaxing evening with family is ruined by an argument, when a loved one disappoints me. I often take my blessings for granted and wish that my parents made more money, that they would have done a better job at raising me.
But the hurt that comes with these questions, leads my heart to search for the one being who can answer them, which is God. It makes me hunger for justice, truth, honor, love and maturity. If it weren't for these unique experiences, I'd probably have wandered into a troubling relationship with an abusive boyfriend or in jail somewhere imprisoned by hatred. I'm awed at how much God has blessed me and continues to bless me even though I rebel and run away from His love and his promises. I am stunned at His grace, patience and gentleness towards what I'm going through and how he steers me to meet or come across certain people who can empathize and most importantly love me despite my adversity.
I hated the imperfection of my life, but God has showed me to be grateful for it. Because my imperfection is so definite, I hunger for God to make me perfect by adopting me into His chosen family through the blood of Jesus Christ.

No comments:

Post a Comment